Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 25

It feels like the weeks are just flying by now. I can't believe I'm almost in the third trimester! I've been feeling a little overwhelmed this week. I feel like there is so much to do, and I haven't really got anything accomplished yet. What's mostly stressing me out is I don't know the situation with my maternity leave yet. I've been putting it off talking to my work about it and now is probably a good time to get that worked out. I guess I'm just nervous they're not going to approve the amount of time I want off. What helped me though is I made a checklist of the things we need to get done before his arrival. Seeing it all written down, made it feel not so overwhelming.

I also started our registry this week. My mom and I set a date for the baby shower for September 8th. I can't wait! Am I the only one that found making a registry NOT fun?! I find it overwhelming with all the baby gear options and all the crap that they tell you a baby needs. I barely started researching gear this past week. And I hate to register for useless stuff, but I felt like I needed to put affordable options on the registry. Most of what we really need is the big stuff like a car seat. But I will most certainly be grateful for whatever gifts our friends and family give us.

I decided to register at Babies R Us and also on Amazon. Jack and I went to BRU yesterday to start the registry. I figured it would be easier to get it started in the store and then make changes online later. Phew! It was exhausting though. There is so much baby crap in that store, but I think we got a good foundation to work with.


Gender: Boy!
Total weight gain: about 17 lbs
Maternity clothes: Mostly wearing maternity clothing. I have a few tops that I can wear that are not maternity. The maternity clothes just flatter the bump so much better.
Sleep: It's been good mostly. Still have to get up and go 2-3 times a night. I've been having some backaches in the morning. I might need a pillow between my legs and I should work on strengthening my back.
Miss anything? Being able to bend over with out it being uncomfortable.
Cravings: This last week I've been wanting sandwiches and pasta salad. Particularly a pasta salad from Brinks that has these nice yummy chunks of cheese in it. 
Symptoms: I started getting Braxton Hicks contractions this week. My doc said they're usually caused by dehydration. So if I feel them, I know I need to drink more water. I've also had a little heartburn. Oh and I have a slight UTI. Never had one before in my life! I guess it's common during pregnancy because your urinary tract slows down.  
Movement:All the time! I never get tired of it. 
The bump: Out front and center! I'm not sure it's grown much since last week though.
Belly button in or out? still in
Mood: Super happy! 
Best moment of this week? I would have to say listening to the little guy's heartbeat at my checkup. He got the hiccups while the doc was listening! It was so cute.  
What are you looking forward to? Our babymoon coming up this weekend! We are headed to the beach for 3 nights. I can't wait to get out of this heat for a little while and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment