Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nursery Update

The nursery is pretty much done. It's just a bit of a mess right now, so I can't take any final photos yet. But I did want to show you a couple of projects my husband worked on over the summer for the nursery.

The first one was building the changing table. He used this Ana White plan to build it. Here are some in progress photos.

He did such an awesome job. He worked so hard during his summer break on the nursery. I gave him a monster of a list, and he finished every last thing on it.

Here it is all finished! I love the way it turned out. I got the baskets at Target. I made the basket liners and the elephant tags. The elephant tags are little wood craft elephants from Michael's, spray painted yellow. I then just hot glued some yellow ribbon to the back of them.

I hope to show better photos later on when I do my final reveal. This is the best I could do with my iphone.

The next project Jack completed was refinishing my old childhood dresser. Here is the lovely before photo. It definitely needed some TLC.

And the after! Definitely an improvement. :) He basically just sanded it down and painted it white using Behr's Swiss Coffee in Semi-gloss. Then just added some new hardware.

Again, sorry for the crappy iphone photos. I plan to do a whole nursery reveal post with better photos. Hope to get that done soon!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVING the yellow and seriously GREAT JOB on all of the DIY furniture! Wish I (or dh) were talented enough!