Monday, September 24, 2012

I have some talented in laws

My father in law, mother in law and sister in law have all got the artistic gene. My husband not so much. I received some wonderful handmade gifts from them at my shower.

My father-in-law built this wood treasure box and burned the animals into it. I LOVE it! I think our little man will like it too. :)


Treasure boxes are my husband's family's "thing". They are always giving little wood boxes filled with change or dollar coins. 



This one was filled with change and some money to start baby's savings. They also put in a gold coin.


Jack's sister is really into reading and creative writing. She wrote this poem for him on the inside of the box.


It reads:
"Here is a treasure box to keep in your room
an enduring gift that will wait til you bloom
to unlock its secrets of faith and success.
For your family knows that you will progress
and one day require a treasure chest.

So place all your tender objects inside
this secret space that will always provide
a loyal haven for your future quest.
The path you will walk will forever by blessed
for the chest will always stow happiness."

Aw, it's just so sweet. Jack's mom painted this for the little guy. Isn't it beautiful? I just have to find a place in the nursery for it. 


I feel so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws. They must be pretty excited to be getting their first grandchild!

No comments:

Post a Comment