Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week 30

Wow! I can't believe I'm in the 30's now. Only 10 weeks until my due date and about 8-12 weeks until this little guy decides to make his arrival. It's all happening so fast. I still feel like there is so much left to do to prepare, but I know a lot will get done over the next 6 weeks. Shower invites went out and the shower is in about 3 weeks!

We attended the first of three classes for childbirth preparation. We went over the stages of labor and when we should come to the hospital. We also had to watch a few videos on childbirth. Then we sat on the floor and learned exercises and relaxation techniques. Our homework was to grip ice cubes and practice our relaxed breathing and focusing away from the pain. We've tried it out twice now. It's definitely hard to keep your mind off it! What I took away from the first class is that it's all about trying to relax through your contractions. If you tense up, then you're working against your body and your labor won't progress as easily.

I've noticed my focus has shifted from pregnancy to labor and actually taking care of this baby. I started reading Breastfeeding Made Simple. I'm on Law 4 right now and I find the information very interesting. I've even had a few breastfeeding dreams since I started reading it. Definitely recommend to my pregnant friends!
Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers
{Found here}


Gender: Boy!

How far along? 30 weeks

Total weight gain: about 25 lbs now. I went swimming last weekend and was shocked when I looked at my butt and thighs in the mirror! I think that's where some of my weight gain has gone.

Maternity clothes: Yes! All the time.

Sleep: Still pretty good. I get up a few times to go pee, but I practically sleep through it. My back has been getting a little sore by the morning, but it's not bad.

Miss anything? Sometimes I miss my flat stomach. It's taken some getting used to that I can't move around the same like I used to.

Cravings: Cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats to be exact. I have like two bowls a day. I also crave chocolate all the time.

Symptoms: Occasional BH contractions, sore back

Movement: He really likes my right side. He hangs out there a lot. I think it's funny when I lay down and the right side of my belly is sticking up higher than the left. Sometimes I wonder what he's doing in there or what position he's in. My whole belly shakes sometimes from his movement!

The bump: Feeling some growing pains this week. It feels like it's stretching out, especially around my belly button.

Belly button in or out? still in but the top is starting to look different.

Mood: Happy

Best moment of this week? Hearing from Buy Buy Baby that the glider is in! So excited to go pick it up this weekend.

What are you looking forward to? Going to pick up our glider and crib!

Ok. I'm going to share some nursery pics, but it's a mess right now! Trying to keep it real. Can't wait to go get the crib and glider and start putting the finishing touches on it.



What a mess! I hope to get this nursery looking more put together in the next few weeks. Can't wait to share all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment