Sunday, July 28, 2013

Baby AJ: 9 Month Update

9 Months! Well as usual this update comes 2 weeks late. I think I'll just accept the fact that I can't get these done before we're halfway through the next month. 





Weight: 19.5 lbs
Length: 28 inches
Diaper size: Size 3
Clothing size: 9 & 12 month, I think we're going to be in this size for awhile since his growth has slowed a lot.


Nicknames: Boo Boo Bear, Boo Boo, bub, baby boy, sweetie, lil' man, little guy, child, kiddo


Health: He's been teething so bad this last month. He had 6 teeth cut through in the last month! For a grand total of 8 teeth now--4 on top and 4 on bottom.


Sleep: Sleep is pretty much the same, crap. I've come to just accept it (most nights). We moved the glider into our master bedroom and his crib mattress. It's unconventional but he sleeps on his crib mattress on the floor at the foot of our bed. His bedtime routine consists of a bath, PJs, story, nurse, rock to sleep. Then he sleeps about an hour before waking. We usually rock him back to sleep and if it's when I'm heading to bed, I just bring him to our bed. He then sleeps the rest of the night in our bed. When he wakes, I hold him and we both roll to the other side and I nurse him back to sleep. Most of the time I only wake briefly. There are times when we struggle getting him back to sleep. He'll just continually sit up and I have to lay him back down. So annoying! Those are the nights where I usually get frustrated. It's not ideal, but I don't want to do anything about until he's at least a year. The constant nursing during the night helps me not stress about how much to pump. I also think a lot of his waking is due to teething too. He just seems to constantly be teething at this point. Teeth are cutting through every few days. Poor little guy.



Diet: Mainly mama's milk with some solids. He really has started to show an increased interest in solids over this past month. He loooooves apples. Goes nuts for them. We give him half an apple and he scrapes off bits of apple with his bottom teeth. Now whenever we eat, he must have a taste of what we're having.





Loves: his bath every night, crawling, pulling up to stand, cruising (really he just loves that he can get around now!), being tossed in the air & rough housed, when we sing and talk to him, our dog Sadie, when we make funny sounds at him, going on errands/ getting out of the house, being outside and exploring new sights and sounds, when people give him attention (he's a little ham!), apples, swimming, water

Dislikes: getting out of the bath and getting dressed, when I pull shirts over his head, being over tired

Milestones: Nothing new here. He's a master crawler now and can get anywhere quick.



Speech: Sounds he makes include: dada, baba and he was making an "aht" sound for awhile. We think he got that one from when we tell our dog "out". We say it a lot to her and it means to back out of the way and get out of our space. We also say "aaat" sound at our dog to mean no, so I think that's where he got the "aht" sound he makes a lot.



Baby Gear Love:
-Radian Rxt Convertible Car Seat: We ditched the infant bucket seat this past month for a convertible car seat. We really love this car seat and it will really grow with him. We'll be able to keep him rear facing longer and we'll also be able to use it as a booster seat.




Other things of note about month 9: 




-Jack got to celebrate his first Father's Day on June 16th. We went out for breakfast in the morning, opened presents and then went to my niece's 2nd birthday party. He got a picture mug from AJ and a cooler for taking with him to golf from me.

-June 18: Jack and the baby came to my work to have lunch with me.


-June 23: AJ's great grandparents came from Utah for a visit.


-June 30: Finally not afraid of grass! And he loves his little baby pool.



-July 4: First 4th of July and his last "first" holiday. *sniff sniff* We didn't do too much besides going over to my parent's house to swim and eat dinner.

-July 5: First trip to the beach.


-June: top lateral teeth cut through, July 3: top middle teeth cut through, July 8: two bottom lateral teeth cut through -- 6 teeth total in one month!

-He figured out how to put his paci in his mouth and the position it correctly. If he sticks it in there upside down, he'll turn it around.


-He likes to feed himself his bottle these days.


-He loves water!

Someone stop time because he is growing up too fast! I'm trying to relish these last few months of babyhood as much as I can before he turns one. They really don't stay babies for long enough. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment