Monday, May 27, 2013

Baby AJ: 7 Month Update


My little boy turned 7 months almost 2 weeks ago. I'm feeling so behind on my blog right now. I have so many ideas for posts, but I haven't taken the time to write them & edit photos for them. I'm a month behind on my P365. And a month behind on editing photos I take with my DSLR. I've started to slow down on the DSLR pics since I was falling behind. I shoot in RAW and then edit and export them in Adobe Lightroom. It's not like it takes that much extra work, but I'm lacking motivation lately for some reason. I think part of the reason is that my back has been hurting me the last month. I did something to it because it hurts when I sit for awhile, so I haven't wanted to sit in front of my computer and edit photos and work on my blog. All I want to do when I'm at home is lay on the couch, since laying down is the most comfy position for me right now. ANYWAYS, enough of my whining and onto AJ's 7 month update.



Wow, so many changes this last month. He became so much stronger and mobile. Lots of milestones and firsts this past month which I'll get to in a bit.



7 Month Stats:
Weight: Not sure maybe 18.5 lbs
Length: ???
Diaper size: Size 3
Clothing size: 9 month



Nicknames: Boo Boo Bear, Boo Boo, bub, baby boy, sweetie


 Health: Nothing new to report here.



Sleep: I could probably write a novel on his sleep at the moment. To summarize--it's crap. Bedtime has become a 2 hour struggle to get him to sleep every night. Then when he's finally asleep, we hope he doesn't wake up in half an hour, which he does sometimes. Then he cries and cries until I get him. Forget about Jack soothing him back to sleep. He only wants me. What can I say? I guess he's a mommy's boy. I rock him and he falls back asleep and then it's back in the crib. Rinse and repeat a few more times. Then when it's around 10-10:30, he comes to our bed for the rest of the night. He nurses a few times through out the night. Sometimes we have a hard time getting him back to sleep. He likes to sleep horizontally and kick me in the face. Needless to say, Jack and I are coming up with a game plan to get him sleeping better. I've realized he doesn't know how to put himself back to sleep and relies on us to soothe him back. So it's time to start working on that. Also, somewhere along the line, our bedtime routine is no more. So we're starting up a stronger bedtime routine again. Hopefully, next month's sleep report shows improvement.




Diet: Mama's milk and some solid foods. He's tried lots of new foods this past month. He seems to enjoy gnawing on meat. He also likes asparagus, broccoli, toast fingers, apples, & baby mum mums.


Baby Gear Love:

  • Mamas & Papas Pixi Highchair: I really love this highchair so far. It's feels sturdy, it's lightweight and folds up really compact. It can also be pulled up to the table or you can use it with the tray. We use it with the tray since our dinning room table has a lip that doesn't allow the chair to be pulled under it. It's easy to wipe down and clean. 
  • Exersaucer: He's actually starting to really discover the toys on this thing. It's fun to watch. It's also a nice place to set him if I need to do dishes or go to the bathroom. 
  • Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Remote: I bought this toy on a whim one day at Target and he really enjoys it. 




Loves: his bath every night, sitting up & playing with toys, trying to stand, when we blow raspberries on his belly, being tossed in the air, when we sing and talk to him, our dog Sadie, when we make funny sounds at him, baby mum mums



Dislikes: He really hates being placed on his back. He wants to sit up all the time.


Milestones: Right before he turned 7 months, he rolled back to belly and learned to sit up on his own. He also figured out how to pull himself up to a standing position. Oh and he got his first two teeth!



Other things of note about month 7: 

-First time in a highchair out to eat.


-Around April 21, 2013, he cut his first bottom tooth and the second one popped up just 2 days later.

-He rode in a shopping cart for the first time. He loved it. Oh and some couple came up to him and this lady was going crazy over him. I pushed the husbands hand away because his hand got so close to his mouth and I didn't like that. Boundaries people!


-He figured out how to pick up balls

-Over the last month, he's really started to play with his toys. It's so fun to watch. He figured out how to spin the monkey in his exersaucer. He also figured out how to pull the string on his toy arch to make the pin wheel spin.

-Jack started a little game with him. He lays AJ on his back. Then he grabs onto his fingers and pull him up to sit and then up to a standing position. He loves it!


- May 4, 2013: He pulled himself up to a standing position for the first time and also went swimming for the first time.



-May 5, 2013: We took him to the park to swing for the first time.


-May 10, 2013: Rolled back to front for the first time and sat up by himself for the first time!

-May 12, 2013: I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day!


Jack and I love this little dude so much. I'm really loving this stage that he's in. It's so easy to take him out. I'm still working half days, and I take him out on an errand everyday. He really enjoys it. When we get somewhere, he knows he's coming out of his car seat and he gets all excited. He gets this big ol' grin and starts shaking his arms and legs. It's the cutest thing. He is such a happy baby. Constantly smiling. Anytime someone starts talking to him, he gets this big smile on his face and acts shy, but just keeps giving them a smile. Such a little ham. I'm excited for what this next month has in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. Just found you on HelloBee - your son is absolutely adorable!! I call my 14 month old "Boo Boo" and "Boo Bear" all the time, too!

    ReplyDelete