Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New Mama Must-Haves

New Mama Must-Haves

New Mama Must-Haves by taders on Polyvore

I've compiled a list of items that have helped me survive the first month as a new mom. These items are what has helped me with my recovery from a vaginal delivery and with breastfeeding. 

1. Nipple Butter: I like this Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple Butter. This is the particular brand I bought but anything similar will work. You'll need something to put on those nips if you're planning to breastfeed. I brought this with me to the hospital and started putting it on after every feeding when I noticed I was getting little red sores on my nips. I may have just got lucky and got a baby with a good latch from the start, but I've never had any pain with breastfeeding. 

2. Earth Mama Angel Baby New Mama Bottom Spray: I'm not really sure if this stuff helped with my healing but it sure felt nice to spray it on my lady bits after using the restroom. It smells really nice too. 

3. Breastfeeding Book: I read this book before I had the baby. It was nice to be informed about breastfeeding before attempting it. I also referenced this book the first few weeks. 

4. Water Bottle: Breastfeeding makes you thirsty. It's good to have a water bottle handy. I like the Eddy because it can topple over without spilling and you drink it like a straw which tends to make me drink more. 

5. Maxi Pads: Always infinity are my favs; they are absorbent and really thin. Have these on hand before delivery. You will definitely need them. 

6. Tucks: These refreshing pads feel so nice on sore lady bits. 

7. Nursing Pads: I've now found I don't like the disposable nursing pads. They're itchy! I'm not a heavy leaker, so the washable ones are better for me. I like bamboobies and these ones. 

8. Nursing Camis: I live in these things. It's one of the first things I went out and bought more of. I think I have 6 total now. I like the ones from Target. 

9. Nursing Sleep Bras: I like these ones from Motherhood. They're soft and the lace makes me feel a little sexy.

So there you have it! What helped you survive the first few weeks as a new mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment